At least for the next two decades, the market and the offer in tourism are expected to keep on growing and increasing their economic relevance.
In our program you will live an enthusiastic learning experience that will enhance your personal attitude towards tourism giving you a decisive boost to your brilliant career in this field. This relevant growth, together with the availability of new technologies, will determine deep changes in the industry, more intense competition and at the same time, widespread new forms of cooperation among public and private actors, as well as, small companies and big international groups.
The quality of human resources will be even more important than in the past for the companies' success. This quality is based on the mix of capabilities required to understand the new driving forces in tourism, to exploit opportunities offered by technologies and by the web, to effectively develop the network among different actors and assets relevant to generate complex tourist products.
Students with an undergraduate degree from all disciplines willing to develop competences in the Tourism industry. Fluent English and personal motivation are required.
The program lasts 12 months and is divided into four terms. To access each term, students are required to successfully pass exams. After the Induction Week, the Term 1 builds strong business and economics fundamentals, covering the cornerstones of strategic management and providing an overview of cutting-edge tools and techniques. The Term 2 and 3 are dedicated respectively to the Core and Elective Courses. The Term 4 is the Field Project during which students put their knowledge into practice.
The Induction Week enables students to get to know their classmates and the team at LUISS Business School. It includes several workshops focused on:
• Megatrends and global scenarios
• Main learning methodologies
• Business case cracking
• Employability Trends
• Modern digital instruments exploitation
• Financial Management
• Strategy • Legal Issues in Tourism
• Organisation & HRM in Tourism
• Servise Marketing
• Data Management for Tourism
• Digital Social Media Marketing
• Economics of Tourism
• Hospitality Management
• Management of Tourist Destinations
• Revenue and Yield Management
• Transportation Management
TERM 3 ELECTIVES
• Hotel Strategic Management
• Cultural Tourism
• Nature Tourism
• Hotel Operation Management
• Business (MICE) Tourism
• E-Business in Tourism
• Luxury Tourism
Students complete the program with a field project that consists of individual assignments accomplished under the supervision of a company mentor and an academic tutor, oriented at solving a real company problem identified by LUISS Corporate Partners. The project allows students to:
• Solve real world business problems
• Apply their relational and problem solving skills
• Develop their professional and personal network
Learning Labs focus on personal development. Students develop cross-functional and soft skills by attending sessions during which they will:
• Cultivate intellectual flexibility
• Develop problem solving skills
• Learn to adapt in diverse situations
• Refine cross-cultural awareness