The Major in Energy Industry provides participants with a solid knowledge of the energy ecosystem in order to face challenges such as: the global warming, the exhaustion of fossil fuels, the threats to sustainability.
Why the Master in Management and Technology with a Major in Energy Industry?
The Energy Industry is at the center of the worldwide economic and social stage. It is a system that develops along a series of complex trade-offs. The asymmetry between how long it takes for demand and prices to move and the lag of supply is fundamental for the industry. The complexity of the sector requires a well-grounded understanding of its elements, both theoretical and practical.
This program focuses on the transfer of basic knowledge about the Energy industry as well as developing a thorough knowledge of the Energy ecosystem. Students will learn managerial skills and develop an understanding of the environmental and societal dimensions required to guide their actions.
The Master provides students with 60 ECTS credits. It prepares professionals for a career in the Energy industry, providing a deep understanding of:
- Building T-shaped capabilities, providing the business foundation to leverage technological expertise and become industry leaders.
- Cutting-edge financial instruments to manage energy projects.
- Emerging business models and the challenges provided by the impact of new geopolitics.
- Interaction with institutions, to gain advantage from the correct interpretation and use of the regulatory environment.
- Trends and evolutional dynamics, with a focus on renewable energy opportunities and sustainability.
LEARNING METHODS AND KEY COURSES
- Top managerial education
- Combination of lectures and labs
- Field project
- Soft skills and leadership capabilities, complemented by ethics and social responsibility
- Understanding environmental change dynamics
- Megatrends and geopolitics
- Energy markets and emerging business models
The Master is aimed at recent graduates who want to integrate a robust theoretical training with a strong practical knowledge of emerging trends in the energy industry and transformation management. Fluent English and personal motivation are required.
The Master in Management and Technology lasts 12 months and is divided into four terms. To access each term, students are required to successfully pass exams. After the Induction Week, the Term 1 focuses on General Management Courses that provide strong business and economics fundamentals. During the Terms 2 and 3, students experience a more analytical and energy-centered approach, understanding the main strategic dynamics and challenges of the energy ecosystem (Core Courses) and gaining the required set of tools to successfully operate in its specific business environment (Advanced Courses).
The Term 4 is dedicated to the Field Project during which students put their knowledge into practice.
Each term is described in detail below:
The Induction Week enables student to get to know their classmates and the team at LUISS Business School. It includes several workshops focused on:
- megatrends and global scenarios
- main learning methodologies
- business case cracking
- effective personal brand identity development
- modern digital instruments exploitation
Students have the chance to meet the main teams with which they will be interacting during the Master:
- Career Services
- Class Coordinators
- Corporate Relations
- International Exchange Programs
- Marketing Services
International Students have the opportunity to attend an intensive Italian Course before the Induction Week.
TERM 1 GENERAL MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Economics of Strategy
- Organization & HR Management
- Econometrics and Statistics
TERM 2 CORE COURSES
- Increased Efficiency, Reduced Emissions
- Managing Renewable Sources of Energy
- Market Design and the Role of Trade and Traders
- Megatrends in the Energy Ecosystem
- Oil & Gas: Industry Fundamentals Challenged by New Sources and New Geopolitics
- Technologies for Energy: Smart Grid, IoT and Smart Mobility
TERM 4 FIELD PROJECT
The Field Project is the last mandatory part of the program which represents a great opportunity for students to apply the knowledge and competences acquired during the Master’s program. Each type of filed project helps students to accelerate their career advancement. Students will combine theory and practice, build professional connections, gain relevant work experience, strengthen their creative and analytical skills and increase their future employability.
The Field Project can be one of the following:
- Internship: From educational training to the job reality. Students participate in an internship that will follow the educational program. Each Master’s program offers various internship options with different requirements to work in companies and organizations.
- Entrepreneurial Project: Students develop their own business idea: from idea creation to the business plan and go-to-market.
- Research Project: Students develop a research-based project on a subject identified together with the Faculty.
Paolo Boccardelli, Dean LUISS Business School
Marco Alverà, Chief Executive Officer di SNAM
Federica Brunetta, Assistant Professor of Corporate Strategy and of Technology and Innovation Management, LUISS Guido Carli University