Digital Ecosystem gives a comprehensive outlook of the dominant dynamics in the emerging digital ecosystem.
Why the Master in Management and Technology with a Major in Digital Ecosystem?
The digital ecosystem impacts every business. The resulting transformation affects organizational structures, brand positioning, the customer experience, marketing and communication strategies and the integration of back-end processes. IT providers and agencies are devoting substantial resources to support businesses to execute impactful digital initiatives and succeed in the digital transformation process.
This program is designed for talented graduates looking to build the distinctive capabilities and valuable knowledge required to merge business and technology-driven strategies. It develops digital capabilities, managerial skills and leadership techniques for succeeding in firms in the digital ecosystem or in businesses undergoing a digital transformation process.
The Master provides students with 60 ECTS credits.
It prepares professionals to:
- Adapt corporate strategy through the implementation of integrated services and products.
- Add value in companies, contributing to the development of innovative ideas to exploit digital tools and implement new business models.
- Build T-shaped capabilities, providing the business foundation to leverage digital expertise and become industry leaders.
- Create and protect a company’s web reputation, adopting new digital communication channels.
- Extract, clean, interpret, communicate and protect information coming from complex data analysis.
- Reinvent the customer experience, exploiting new digital channels and techniques useful for the overall organization, from marketing to sales to distribution.
- Reengineer operational processes, gaining a wide understanding of the potential changes in firm practices to adapt to new digital technologies.
- Understand the threats of cyber risk and the protection methodologies expected by cyber law.
Learning methods and key courses
- Top managerial education
- Combination of lectures and labs
- Field project
- Focus on business transformation
- Soft skills and leadership capabilities, complemented by ethics and social responsibility
- Understanding environmental change dynamics, digitization and strategic management
Students with a BA who want to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge in order to start a career in the digital ecosystem, including consulting firms, IT providers and digital agencies. Fluent English and personal motivation are required.
The Induction Week enables students to get to know their classmates and the team at LUISS Business School. It includes several workshops focused on:
- megatrends and global scenarios
- main learning methodologies
- business case cracking
- effective personal brand identity development
- modern digital instruments exploitation
Students have the chance to meet the main teams with which they will be interacting during the Master:
- Career Services
- Class Coordinators
- Corporate Relations
- International Exchange Programs
- Marketing Services
International Students have the opportunity to attend an intensive Italian Course before the Induction Week.
TERM 1 GENERAL MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Economics of Strategy
- Organization & HR Management
- Econometrics and Statistics
TERM 2 CORE COURSES
- Adapting Firm Strategy to the Digital Age
- Managing Business Digitization: Predicting Organizational Impact
- Establishing Digital Positioning
- Reimagining the Customer Experience
TERM 3 ADVANCED COURSES
- Data Analysis, Mobility, Proximity and App-based Marketing
- Digital & Mobile Innovation Management
- Facing Reputational Distress in the Mobile Digital Economy
- Managing Cyber Security and Cyber Law
- Mastering Digital Governance
- Reengineering Operational Processes
TERM 4 FIELD PROJECT
The Field Project is the last mandatory part of the program which represents a great opportunity for students to apply the knowledge and competences acquired during the Master’s program. Each type of filed project helps students to accelerate their career advancement. Students will combine theory and practice, build professional connections, gain relevant work experience, strengthen their creative and analytical skills and increase their future employability.
The Field Project can be one of the following:
- Internship: From educational training to the job reality. Students participate in an internship that will follow the educational program. Each Master’s program offers various internship options with different requirements to work in companies and organizations.
- Entrepreneurial Project: Students develop their own business idea: from idea creation to the business plan and go-to-market.
- Research Project: Students develop a research-based project on a subject identified together with the Faculty.
Scientific Director and Coordinator
Paolo Boccardelli, Dean LUISS Business School
Learning Labs focus on personal development. Students develop cross-functional and soft skills by attending sessions during which they will:
- Cultivate intellectual flexibility
- Develop problem solving skills
- Learn to adapt in diverse situations
- Refine cross-cultural awareness
Entrepreneurial innovation is everywhere, ranging from start-ups, incubators and accelerators to “corporate entrepreneurship” projects to social entrepreneurship. That is why we design a unique AdVenture Experience.
The Lab includes conventional class sessions, case discussions, meetings with business angels, venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs and other leading personalities of the Italian entrepreneurial ecosystem. Everything is oriented toward building your skills through the development of a real entrepreneurial plan. You work together with the teaching staff and mentors, who are expert in turning challenges and innovative ideas into a business plan and innovative new projects.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT LAB
The Project Management Lab identifies the project characteristics: objectives, stakeholders and organization. It provides students with the skills to formalize the project scope, create the work breakdown structure (WBS) and manage processes and tools.
DIGITAL SKILLS LAB
This is a technical training Lab that allows students to learn software tools, online services and social media beyond the limits of personal use. Students can boost their productivity in daily work practices through exercises and group activities to enhance their understanding of technical tools that lighten processes and reduce workload.
GOING GLOBAL LAB
We prepare students to successfully face challenges of a global market, and this requires the development of knowledge and cross-cultural skills needed to interact and work in international context.
SOFT SKILLS LAB
Through the Soft Skills Lab, students develop competencies and skills to face business challenges. The Lab helps students explore how to engage effectively in organizations and to discover their limits and capabilities. Key skills learned include teamwork and team-building, effective communication skills, negotiation skills and leadership.
SOCIAL & ENVIROMENTAL IMPACT LAB
Leadership requires a wide vision of business. Ethics, responsibility and sustainability are three dimensions that managers must embrace and understand to achieve better leadership, stronger stakeholder relationships, a long-term perspective and more efficient resource management. For that reason, we offer students the chance to apply their creativity to solve real problems encountered by NGOs, social entrepreneurs and institutions. Students participate in helping these organizations to bridge social and environmental impact and the business economy.
Students from a variety of creative disciplines will have an opportunity to develop, critique, and present original and creative work in a collaborative and supportive environment. Each Creativity Lab will include discussion of issues related to the creative process, developing and preparing the work itself, and the presentation and critique of the works in progress. Students will be introduced to and partnered with professional mentors from their area of interest. Creativity Lab has been designed as a hands-on collaboration of students who will engage in the process of developing, editing, critiquing and ultimately, presenting their work. At the conclusion of the Lab, the works from the participants will be curated and publicly displayed.