The Major in Disruptive M&A gives a comprehensive outlook of the new Merger&Acquisition dynamics, strategies and processes, in a world strongly transformed by the disruptive innovations powered by the new digital technologies.
The Disruptive M&A program follows all the phases of the acquisition process, vastly different from the traditional approach: from the analysis of the supply and demand for innovation, to the metrics used in the selection and evaluation phase of the startup, to the construction of the business planning and business modeling, to the negotiation and closing phase, including legal aspects and tax, to the fundamental post-merger integration and governance phases.
This program is designed for talented graduates looking to build the distinctive capabilities and valuable knowledge required to drive M&A processes in businesses undergoing disruptive transformations, merging the professional knowledge of the changing M&A activities with business and technology-driven strategies, managerial skills and leadership techniques.
The Major has a particular focus on the skills, competencies and technologies most sought after by corporate venture capital functions, venture capital firms, management consulting firms, law firms, investment banking firms, and innovative startups in technology-intensive businesses.
The Master welcomes recent graduates from a variety of study disciplines and cultural backgrounds. Fluent English and personal motivation are required.
The curriculum is designed to ensure and support progressively the professional and personal growth of the students. Students will benefit from a productive learning experience made up of lessons, case studies and group work sessions; and a high-level faculty of both academics and professionals. The program ends with the Field Project which allow students to combine theory and practice.
Induction week is an introductive week in which students can settle in and familiarize themselves with life on campus. Ice-breaking labs, seminars, workshops, and presentations will be organized for the students. Students will meet their classmates and will have a better idea of the services offered, as well as the curricular and extra-curricular activities planned.
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Economics Of Strategy
- Organization & HRM
- Statistics And Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- M&A Operations and Stakeholders overview
- Innovation Generation, Business Modeling & Planning
- Disruptive Technologies and Vertical Sectors key Issues
- M&A Strategy & Deal Process Origination
- Start-up Valuation Techniques and M&A Deals Financing
- Due Diligence Process
- Regulation and Sustainability Aspects
- M&A Deals Contracts and Negotiation
- Start-ups and M&A Deals Taxation
- Post-Merger Integration
- Start-ups Management
Learning labs focus on personal development. During the programme, students develop cross-functional and soft skills by attending sessions during which they will: cultivate intellectual flexibility; develop problem solving skills; learn to adapt in diverse situations; refine cross-cultural awareness.
Read more about the Learning Labs
The Field Project is the last mandatory part of the program which represents a great opportunity for students to apply the knowledge and competences acquired during the Master’s program. Each type of filed project helps students to accelerate their career advancement. Students will combine theory and practice, build professional connections, gain relevant work experience, strengthen their creative and analytical skills and increase their future employability.
The Field Project can be one of the following:
- Internship: From educational training to the job reality. Students participate in an internship that will follow the educational program. Each Master’s program offers various internship options with different requirements to work in companies and organizations.
- Entrepreneurial Project: Students develop their own business idea: from idea creation to the business plan and go-to-market.
- Research Project: Students develop a research-based project on a subject identified together with the Faculty.